The temperatures have hovered between 35C and 40C for over the past week, and it has not rained for weeks. The grass is turning to brown and crunches beneath my step on the few occasions I venture out of the air conditioning. It makes me lethargic and depressed. I can understand how the heat can drive people mad.
So goals for today are:
- Take my vitamins – Daughter2’s going home gift to me was a bottle of green powder of every herb and vitamin known to man or woman which I am to mix with water and drink. I was warned by text message to make sure the water was cold as “it tastes foul in tap water”.
- Move from my chair or bed for at least 20 minutes today. This is possibly not going to happen.
- Eat three nutritious meals today. I am adopting the “if my grandmother wouldn’t recognise it, don’t eat it, minus the sugar” strategy.
- Declutter or clean house for 20 minutes- I still have clothing in boxes lining the walls of our bedroom. 20 minutes is a long time, but maybe that could double as my 20 minutes of movement, even it it means I just sit on the bed and place clothes on hangers. Could I possibly lie on bed and hang clothes?
- Write something intelligent today. Obviously this is not it.
- Floss tonight
- Don’t hit anyone.
So, what’s on your agenda for this Monday? Pearls or swine?