We are in the process of changing internet providers and our service is being interrupted, so my posts may be a little sporadic over the next couple of days. Hang in there, people, you know I am worth it!
Tagged by Mum of Four to give you four!
FOUR PLACES I GO….
- School – whichever school I am working at each term.
- My hometown to visit my Mum, Sister and BIL, or to catch up with school friends. Not as often as I used to, which is sad.
- My hairdresser and beautician who are actually several suburbs away, a hang over from the days of the Basement of Discontent, but they accommodate my ways and won’t talk when I need quiet .
- The local garden nursery to buy seedlings. It combines a restaurant, gift shop and plant nursery and I love to browse.
FOUR CRUSHES I HAVE……..
- Bruce Springsteen
- Liam Neeson
- Steve Carrell
- My first crush was David MacCallum back in the Man from U.N.C.L.E days.
FOUR SMELLS THAT I LOVE…..
- clean, sun dried clothes and bed linen
- rain settled dust
FOUR FAVOURITE TV SHOWS
- Big Bang Theory (I can’t help myself)
- Midsommer Murders
- Downton Abbey
- Colbert Report
FOUR FAVOURITE MOVIES…..
- You’ve Got Mail (bookshops, people!)
- The Help
- Finding Forrester
- Any, and I mean any, movie based on Jane Austen’s novels.
- You can get some great gifts on milestone birthdays – maybe it is the sympathy vote, who knows, or cares. Show other people how to do it with style. Plan a series of events, not just one party with a bang. Lots of smaller intimate events nourish the soul.
- Two wrongs don’t make a right.
- Continue learning – something, anything. Get a degree, taking up whittling, or whistling or whatever takes your fancy but keep your interests alive.
- Don’t live through your children. Live beside your children.
Are you finding that you have to click on “comment” more than once to post your comment?
Are you finding that your comment, once posted, also stays in the reply comment area and has to be deleted before writing a new comment?
World Environment Day celebrates its 11th Anniversary on Sunday 5th of June 2011.
The environment shouldn’t have to wait another eleven years.
What are you doing about it?
Small things do mean a lot.
Our part of the world hasn’t ended yet. Is your part still out there?
I believe the big 32! Just a little vegemiter!
Mr and Mrs GOF are fine. For details visit Snowy’s blog.
Cyclone Yasi is now a category 5 cyclone and heading directly towards the area where Mr and Mrs GOF reside. As way of explantion, Yasi covers an area equal to the entire United States. It is expected to cross the coast around about 12am Queensland time, with winds reaching or exceeding 280kl an hour. The eye of the storm is 35km in diamenter and is expected to take an hour to pass.
Their horror has already started, so please keep them in your thoughts, and send them positive energy and comfort.